April 6th, 2010 post
Lucille and Craig went to Grad Banquet. It was marvelous. Very tiring.
Jorge just found out that he got the scholarship! The $15 000 scholarship in which he will go to Quebec City for the entire year next year to study french!! A scholarship in which he competed with 19 others in front of a panel of 3 esteemed professors for. That is incredible.
Also, Maria found out that she got into the university in Honduras, where she will do her last year of her degree there next year (since U of T allows students to take up to 8 courses from another university). This is equally amazing.
So a summary of some of S. House and friends’ future endeavours:
– Jorge is going to Quebec City next year on a full scholarship
– Lucille is going to work for the Canadian government for 6 months in Shanghai at the World Expo, and has applied for graduate school in business journalism in China including plans to improve her Mandarin skills
– Emily is going to Mexico soon so with Caffiends’ other Co-Manager, Vanessa as part of Chocosol’s program to learn how choc/coffee is made
– Emily also got donship for next year at Vic! This continues the tradition of donship at S. House.
– Emily also got Victorian of the Month, yay – free bottle of wine!
– Karen, Emily, Craig and Laura are all going to Quebec in the summer to learn French as part of the Explore program
– Craig is planning on going abroad during the summer, he also got into mutiple esteemed grad schools in Canada and abroad
– Leo is getting a full-time summer job with an architecture firm (his field)
– Andrew plans to work for a publishing company or a local bookstore in his hometown
– Liam will continue to work for Taking It Global (TIG) and help organize and mobalize for enviro/social justice
– S. House peeps staying on for a 5th/another year at U of T next year: Leo, Liam, Laura, Karen, Emily
– Mary (Laura’s sister) got the Caffiends’ Co-Manager position for next year
– Maria (Jorge’s partner) got into Honduras for her last year of university
Stephenson House members graduating:
– Joe? (Joe said he is not graduating I think … Joe! If you read this, you need to hang out with us more, we don’t see you nearly enough and we need to! You do SO much and you’re also great fun to be around!)
We are all incredibly sad. Lucille is leaving less than two weeks from this posting. Possibly forever! *Tear